List of Posters presented at the NEESPI Workshop
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, 9-12 April, 2015
· Pavel Groisman1,3; Garik Gutman2, Sergey Gulev3, and Shamil Maksyutov4 (1 - UCAR at NOAA National Centers for Environment Information, Asheville, North Carolina, USA; 2 - NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC, USA; 3 - P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, RAS, Moscow, Russia; 4 - National Institute for Environmental Studies, Tsukuba, Japan) From the Northern Eurasia Earth Science Partnership Initiative (NEESPI) towards the Northern Eurasia Future Initiative (NEFI)”; Presentation.
Energy and Water Cycles
· Alexander Georgiadi, Nikolai Koronkevich, Irina Milyukova, Ekaterina Kashutina, and Elena Barabanova (RAS Institute of Geography, Moscow, Russia) “Ensemble Scenarios projecting Runoff Changes in Russian River Basins in the first three Decades of the 21st Century”; Presentation
· Alexander Georgiadi and Ekaterina Kashutina (RAS Institute of Geography, Moscow, Russia) “Long-term changes of runoff for the large rivers of Russian Plain and Siberia”; Presentation
· Panmao Zhai (Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences, Beijing, China) “Changes in Temperature Gradients and Extra-tropical Cyclones in Northern East Asia"
· Mikhail Varentsov1,4, Polina Verezemskaya1, Anastasia Baranyuk2, Elizaveta Zabolotskikh3, and Irina Repina4 (1 - Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Geography, Moscow, Russia; 2 V. I. Il’ichev Pacific Oceanological Institute FEB RAS, Vladivostok, Russia; 3 - Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St. Petersburg, Russia; 4 - A.M. Obukhov Institute of Atmospheric Physics, RAS, Moscow, Russia) “Investigation of polar mesocyclones in Arctic Ocean using COSMO-CLM and WRF numerical models and remote sensing data”; Presentation
· Iuliia Palamarchuk1, Sergey Ivanov1, Alexander Baklanov2,3, Igor Ruban1, Hanna Pavlova1 (1-Odessa State Environmental University, Odessa, Ukraine; 2 - Danish Meteorological Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark; 3 - World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland) "Weather sensitivity to aerosol influence over the Baltic countries"; Presentation
· Yulia Martynova (Siberian Regional Hydrometeorological Regional Institute, Novosibirsk, Russia) “Impact of autumn snow cover anomalies on the following winter atmospheric dynamics estimated from the INMCM4.0 and INMCM5.0 models output”; Presentation
· Yulia E. Gordova, Yulia V. Martynova, Tamara M. Shulgina (Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological Systems of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Tomsk, Russia) "Steps to adaptation to climate change using web-GIS”
· Bolot D. Moldobekov B.D. and Ryskul A. Usubaliev (Central - Asian Institute for Applied Geosciences, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic) “Monitoring of glacier systems in Kyrgyzstan”; Abstract
· Vladimir Elsakov (Institute of biology KomiSC UrD RAS, Syktyvkar, Russia) “Impact of climate fluctuations on Subpolar regions of European Russia: Results from international collaborative research"; Presentation
· Vyacheslav Kharuk, Sergey Im, and Ilya Petrov (V.N. Sukachev Institute of Forest of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Krasnoyarsk, Russia) “Drought-triggered conifer stands decline and mortality in Siberia"; Presentation
· Jana Albrechtová1, Zuzana Lhotáková1, Jan Mišurec2 , Veronika Kopačková2, Petya K.E. Campbell3, Magda Edwards-Jonášová4, Lucie Kupková5, Lucie Červená5, Markéta Potůčková1, Pavel Cudlín4 (1- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Prague, Czech Republic; 2 - Czech Geological Survey, Prague, Czech Republic; 3 - Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology, University of Maryland Baltimore County and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA; 4- CzechGlobe, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, České Budějovice, Czech Republic) “Hyperspectral data as a tool for assessment of temporal changes in Norway spruce forest conditions in a historically heavily polluted mountainous region of Czech Republic affected by long-term acidic deposition”; Abstract Presentation
· Petya Campbell (University of Maryland, USA), Jana Albrechtova and Lucie Kupkova , Charles University in Prague, Chech Republic " The South Central and Eastern European Regional Information Network SCERIN "; Presentation
· Yizhao Chen, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing City, Jiangsu, China "Grassland Ecosystem Simulation System for Temperate Eurasian Steppe: a diagnostic terrestrial model development, evaluation and mathematical analysis"; Presentation in absentia
· Elena A. Kukavskaya1, Ludmila V. Buryak2, Eugene G. Shvetsov1, Olga P. Kalenskaya2, and Kirsten Barrett3 (1-V.N. Sukachev Institute of Forest of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Krasnoyarsk, Russia; 2-Siberian State Technological University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia; 3- University of Leicester, Leicester, UK) “Fire-induced forest transformations in the Zabaikalye region”; Presentation
· Alexey Panov1, Xuguang Chi2, Anatoly Prokushkin1, Alexander Bryukhanov1, Mikhail Korets1, Evgenii Ponomarev1, Nikita Sidenko1, Anastasya Timokhina1, Meinrat O. Andreae2, and Martin Heimann3 (1 - V.N. Sukachev Institute of Forest of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Krasnoyarsk, Russia; 2 - Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz, Germany; 3 - Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena, Germany ) “Wildfire impact on atmospheric composition and post-fire changes of ecosystem carbon uptake in Central Siberia”; Presentation
· Jessica McCarty (Michigan Tech Research Institute, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA) "Anthropogenic Fire in European Russia, Belarus, and Lithuania and Its Impact on Air Quality, 2002 - 2012"; Presentation
· Alexander Pritschepov (Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, University of Copenhagen, Denmark) "Determinants of spatial patterns of non-forest (agricultural) fires in temperate European Russia"
· Vladimir Gershenzon (ScanEx Corp., Moscow, Russia) “ScanEx' activities for science and education”
· Irina Terentieva1, Shamil Maksyutov2, Elena Lapshina3 and Mikhail Glagolev4 (1 - Tomsk State University, Russia; 2 - National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan; 3 -Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansyisk, Russia; 4 Moscow State University, Russia ) “Wetland classification of West Siberia based on Landsat data”
· Ginger R.H. Allington, Wei Li, and Daniel G. Brown (School of Natural Resources and Environment, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA) “Modeling system dynamics in rangelands of the Mongolian Plateau”; Presentation